We are Hiring
Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Technician
We have an immediate need for a full-time experienced Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Technician for their Apparatus Division.
ESI Equipment, Inc. strives to be customer oriented to ensure that the first responders they serve have equipment that is ready to respond and operate properly.
The ideal candidate must be motivated, mechanically inclined, automotive electrical savvy, and independent.
RESPONSIBILITIES of an Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Technician:
· Custom installation of automotive products including public safety warning equipment, lighting, upgraded power supplies and inverters in police, fire, EMS, and other public safety vehicles.
· Interpret schematics.
· Properly install equipment on vehicles.
· Possess fabrication skills.
· Establish a proper workflow based on assigned tasks.
· Wire components to manufacturer recommendations and schematics.
· Ability to communicate with shop personal and managers, and work as a team.
· Drilling/cutting to properly mount equipment/components in or on vehicles.
· Fabricate brackets from aluminum and other material to mount/install equipment.
· Wire components based on customer specifications and manufacturer recommendations.
· Follow verbal/written instructions, drawings, and schematics for installation of components.
REQUIREMENTS of an Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Technician:
· Must have own tools and tool cabinet.
· 1 to 3 years of experience or training in automotive/electrical installation and/or repair.
· Ability to work in fast-pace and high-volume environment.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Ability to lift/move 50 pounds and lift/move 100 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to work in, on, around, over and under vehicles in various stages of up-fitting for long periods of time.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Paid training
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montgomeryville, PA 18936: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to complete pre-employment and random drug testing?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person